Steve's Camaro Parts

Steve's Camaro Parts

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Classic Camaro Parts - A great 1967 Camaro RS - Steves Camaro Parts San Bruno - 650-873-1890




A little history of Joe Castello’s car.
 

It’s an original matching number RS two owner car(I am the third). I found it in the north bay on Craigslist of all places and purchased from a retired guy who bought it for his son in the late 90’s and did a restoration at that time. I checked the VIN and firewall stamp and everything matches. The only thing that I think might be off is the color. The firewall stamp indicates the original color is Marina Blue(F-F), but think they actually restored it using Nantucket Blue(a bit lighter and more silver).
 
 

 The car had been sitting in the garage for the better part of the last 10 years as the son stopped driving it while going to college. When I took it for a test drive, I was fumbling around in the glove box and found the original manual with Protecto Plate, paperwork, etc.. The original owner( a woman) purchased it in Fremont new in 1967 and the guy I purchased it from was only a few miles away, so it never left the area. It has a 350 crate motor which is not original, but they did give me the stock 327 block in case I ever wanted to rebuild it. It has the original 2 speed Powerglide Trans, but he gave me a TH350 trans which I hear is better. I also have the original Rally wheels.
 

 I am kind of a purist at heart and want to keep it as stock as I can. Though I might upgrade the interior at some point to the Deluxe since it just looks better and don’t think it will affect the value.

No Other Camaro Supplier in the Business Comes Close to Our Selection.  We have been serving the Camaro Community since 1976 and Supplying Camaro Parts since 1981.



 YOU ARE NOT JUST BUYING PARTS – YOU ARE GETTING OUR CAMARO EXPERTISE



Tags: camaro part, camaro parts, Camaro restoration parts, 69 camaro, 1969 camaro, aftermarket camero parts, chevrolet camaro, ss, z28, rs, chevrolet, restoration, 68 camaro, chevy, 67, 69, f-body, camaro, chevy camaro, chevrolet camaro, gm, z-28, 350, ls1, z/28, pace car, camaro ss, 69 camaro, first generation, copo, fbody, yenko, 67 camaro, 68 camaro, musclecar, second generation

http://www.stevescamaroparts.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment